Card Usage Instructions
Basic User Guidelines for Prepaid Forex Travel card
- Please sign on reverse of your cards at the signature panel immediately after receiving the card.
- Pre-Authorization transactions: Do not use your card to provide a pre-auth at car rentals or hotel, always make the payment of required amount and do not block funds for security deposits.
- Make payment upfront, rather than blocking the amount and settle the bill at the time of checking-out. If your card is used for blocking the amount or for security deposits, it will get released only after your return to India or 30-45 days after the transaction.
- Forex Prepaid Travel cards will work only on an “online POS”. In case you find that your card is not working at a specific hotel terminal, please ask the hotel staff about their main online machine. Each hotel has a main EDC terminal, to which other branch terminals are connected (eg: one to the restaurant, one to the saloon, bar & so on). The main terminal is located at the reception or in the administrative office.
- IMP: Please select the 'CREDIT'/'CHECKING' option while billing at the EDC terminal or withdrawing from an ATM. If the machine is set to the 'DEBIT'/'SAVINGS' option, the card will not work (even though it is a debit card). Ensure that in ATM’s you always select account type as 'CREDIT'/'CHECKING'.
*Please do not forget to refer to your prepaid card kit for more detailed instructions on card usage.